Friday, April 30, 2010

BBQ

Sometimes I get so caught up in trying to exciting recipes that I forget some of the old favorites we love. BBQ beef is one of them. Today I popped a small roast in the crock pot with a sliced onion, a little water and some garlic. I let that cook for about 7 hours on low. I shredded the beef, and poured off all the remaining liquid. (I strained it and saved it in the fridge.) Popped the shredded meat back in the crock pot and poured a bottle of bbq sauce on it.

Served it on whole wheat buns with potato wedges (Store bought.) and some tasty corn.



2 comments:

  1. Our kitchen gets so hot when the oven is on so I am always looking for crockpot recipes. This sounds good and it sounds easy. Thanks.

    Here is a wonderful crock pot dessert. Pour one can of apple pie filling into the crock pot. Melt 1/2 cup of butter and mix with one yellow cake mix. Stir gently and you will have crumbles. Sprinkle these over pie filling in pot. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts over cake mixture. Cook on low setting for 2 - 3 hours. Serve hot with a scoop of ice cream. Serves 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny Annie that sounds divine! I'm going to have to try it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete